The Body Shop: Tea Tree Skin Clearing Review



My previous A Big Haul on the Body Shop that I have blogged about awhile ago. I just want to do a updated review on the Tea Tree Skin Clearing items. You can see the bottle I have used quite a lot of the tea tree products.


Tea tree skin clearing facial wash was a really nice natural face wash with no parabens, which cause wrinkles and many other skin problems. It is made with organic tea tree oil. It claims that it lifts pore clogging impurities and excess oils without over drying the skin, which is true. After washing my face with the tea tree cleanser, my skin feels nice and soft not oily. I would foam up the cleanser before applying it on my face by putting a quarter size in my palm and rub them together to make a foamy wash. The smell is smell sort of minty leaves but with a hint of the tea tree smell. The smell can be overwhelming but it is okay for me. It also reduces the dark blemishes from acne because I had this dark spot on the side of my cheeks from a cystic acne and after using the cleanser for a couple of days I saw the blemish lighting up. Just for precaution don't get it in your eyes it hurt like sh*t bleeep ***bleep**. It happened to me already and my right eye was blood shot. It was red the whole entire day and irritated. 


Rating: ****
Price: $$$

Tea tree skin clearing toner is the follow up after cleansing the face. The toner is used for picking up traces of impurities and tightening up pores and etc. This toner does pick up traces of dirt and tightens up the pores a bit. There is a tingling sensation after applying this on the face which feels nice and refreshing. The smell is almost about the same but smells better than the cleanser. I like this toner a lot but I wish it tightened up the pores a bit more and I would also like it if it had brightening complex ingredients. I also really like this toner because it also does not have parabens in the ingredients and it has organic tea tree oils. The one thing I do not like about this toner is that you have to shake the sh*t out of this toner because there is some ingredients that is on the bottom of the bottle so before applying you have to shake the sh*t out of your hands until it feels like it's going to fall off which is a work out. It is immiscible.


Rating: ****
Price: $$$

Tea tree skin clearing lotion claims that it is a light weight hydration lotion and is shine control for clearing looking skin infuse with tamanu oil. The lotion is very nice. It is light weight hydration lotion. It almost feels like it is a lotion serum. The smell is better than the cleanser and the toner. It smells a bit nicer. After applying to the skin it feels really clean and refreshed. This lotion also has willow bark oils in this lotion and paraben free. I really love this lotion but the bottle is so small. I would like it if it is a bit larger because I used up all the lotion already and the cleanser and toner I still have some left of.  


Rating: ****

Price: $$$

Tea tree oil comes in a glass bottle with a nice hard twisty cap. It is 15% tea tree oil only. I use this to massage my face after applying the tea tree lotion especially near my blemishes and acne. It is not oily as you think it is. It is the right kind of oil that is not to greasy. It absorbs in your skin quite nicely. Perfect oil for blemishes and troubled skin. Also very relaxing.


Rating: ****
Price: $$$


After finishing this I will be starting my vitamin e set that I also got and so a review on that after using up half the bottle or so.


All of these I bought them on sale. Don't buy it for full price there is always great sales at the body shop. You can sign up for their daily newsletter to get alerted about there great deals.

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. heeey great blog, and thanks for posting reviews on the body shop stuff as I'd been meaning to buy. what is your skin type? cos mine is combination/oily/sensitive (almost everything really TT_TT) and i'm not sure if this will make me break out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I am super excitteddd bc you are my first commenterrr!!! Lol Anyways let me get back to answering your question. My skin type in the summer is combination/oily and sensitive. However in the winter time; when it is cold, my skin gets really dry in the t-zone area. Literally, can see dry skin patches peeling off my nose, so it needs a lot of tlc. It also is comb/oily and sensitive. The tea tree skincare set has helped my skin help clear up my blemishes but everyone skin is different. It also help reduce my acne especially cystic acne. It has helped my skin alot and I really like this skincare set. The smell is not so great because it is natural. The body shop sells the facial cleanser in mini bottle for a couple bucks, if you like to give it a try. Also you should buy the body shop on sales, they have great deals and can save you extra money! Let me know how it works out for you!!! :) xoxoxo chuieeglam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tea tree! It is amazing! It feels cold and minty and just really refreshing! My new favorite product is the tea tree oil facial cleanser! I use it every morning and it really wakes you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the tea tree oil facial cleanser and I absolutely love it! I have all the tea tree products! I love how they feel! They feel cool and minty when you apply it and it leaves you feeling really refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nice . I was actually looking some stuff for me that's paraben free ! :D now i am definitely going to buy this <3

    www.lostinmydreamland.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your review. All of the other reviews I read were really good too, there were hardly any bad ones and if there were they were bc of the smell. I can't wait to try this out bc I have sensitive, acne, & oily prone skin & I heard tea tree and aloe help for my skin type. :D

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Me