The Body Shop: Vitamin C Skincare




Hello Lovelies,

I know it has been quite some time. I have been very busy lately working, class, and preparing to teach abroad. I am going to have another blog about my teaching abroad endeavors. I'm so excited and cannot wait!!!  Let me stop ranting away and getting back on topic for the product review lol... 

Once again, the Body Shop had another great sale! It was like buy 1 get 1, buy 2 get 2, and etc... I have to tell you, this is probably the best time to buy the cotton pads. The retail price for the 100% cotton pads are $3 each for 100 pieces. So that is around, 3 cents a cotton pad. Not to shabby, considering Walmart, Target, and other drugstore brands' cotton pads. Here we go off topic again... :D

So I decided to try out some of the Vitamin C Skincare items the Daily moisturizing spf 30, Microdermabrasion, and the Vitamin Skin Boost. 

The daily moisturizing spf 30, it is a light weight sunscreen compared to other thick creamy sunscreen that leaves you smears. I thought this was a great sunscreen, since it is light weight and your skin absorbs it once it is applied. The squeeze bottom was also very compact to take on the go. It also has Amazonian camu camu berry which is known to have the highest contents of vitamin C in nature. After applying, you can tell a differences about your skin, it is more bright, almost like you're glowing. I have to give it only 3 stars because I would like it in a higher spf. 

Price: $20
Rating: ***

The microdermabrasion was okay. It is a creamy consistency with rough garnet particles and Amazonian camu camu berry. This microdermabrasion is great for sensitive skin. After using it, I can see that my complexion is brighter almost like a glow. However I do not like the feeling applying it to my face. It feels like rubbing lotion on you face with scrubbing beads. It does not over dry your skin for sure. It is more like a hydrating exfoliater. I'm the type of person that like the face feeling clean after it is washed. 


Price: $21
Rating: ***

The skin boost is a great primer since the base is silicone but it has very fine sparkling glitter once applied on the skin, which I'm not a fan of. I'm assuming it is the glow effect. To me that is not natural glow it applying glitter to your face to make it shine. It also has vitamin E, Amazonian camu camu berry, and Vitamin C. 

Price: $27
Rating: **

I didn't buy these products for full price. I have bought them when it was on sale. The Body Shop always has amazing sales that you can look out for and save money. 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me