Face Mask Galore: Drugstore vs High-ends?


Face mask galore!!! I sorta went overboard with face mask....o'come on! but I have an excuse thoo...hahahha I usually share my skincare items with my siblings and cousins. They are always wondering what concoctions I have in my room for their skin problems. So, let's get on with the review, shall we? ^^

My skin bio: yuck!, hahaha.. I have Asian olive skin. I have combo/oily skin. My face is like a grease-ball especially during the summer. My t-zone and nose is were the oil likes to accumulate. As for the winter, I have dry skin especially near my nose. Also I sometimes get dry patches on my face which is very odd, but this rarely happens probably once in a blue moon. 

Which mask is best suited for your skin problems?

Moisture Mask(s): is great for those with dry skin or whenever your skin starts to flake off snowflakes of dry skin..yikes! Moisture mask are also great for dry skin patches. I have combo/oily skin and I still get snowflakes of dry skin falling off my face once in awhile, especially over the winter. 
***Almost forgot to mention, after a PMD (Personal Microdermabrasion) moisture mask are great to plump the skin back up from the disk sloughing off the dead skin cells off the delicate skin of your face.
*Philosophy Lasting Hope is a moisture mask- consistency of the mask is clear,not to fragrance, leaving skin soft and supple!... I use this especially during the winter days, my skin gets so dry during the harsh winter days.
*The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In moisture mask- it's light pink, a light fragrance, almost like glycerin but a bit lighter, very soothing and leaving my skin soft and supple too!, not a fan of the container, I prefer a squeeze like Philosophy due to contamination, which by the way reduces the life span of the product.

Freeman's Mask(s): 
Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask- it's a gel paste consistency, soothing mask for irritated skin, this is great after an exfoliation to sooth the skin after sloughing off dead skin, the best part is that it peels off... 
Pineapple Facial Enzyme Mask- it is a bit gritty, similar like a sugar scrub paste but more watered down; can be used as a mask or a scrub, smells like fresh pineapple goodness!!!.. when I usually break out horribly I add a crushed aspirin to this concoction and it works wonder and it smells so good!  

Clay Mask(s): are great for problematic skin, acne, reducing enlarged pores, blackheads, whitehead, reduces irritation and pimple spot treatments... Clay mask are a little bit harder and could be a pain in the butt to wash off but believe me the after effects are so worth it! ;)
Facial Clay Mask Mint & Lemon- great for brightening (lemon) and reducing inflammation (mint), this especially reduces enlarged pores, this also helps with those suckers, blackheads!.. This one is probably one of my favorite drugstore mask! 
Superfruits Detoxifying Clay Facial Mask- leaving skin refreshed with all the superfruits, makes dull skin to glowing skin feeling soft and supple, smells wonderful, reduces irritation, reduce enlarged pores....
Yes to cucumber- very thick clay paste, very soothing and refreshing, and great for red acne prone skin. This mask was probably the most hardest one to remove but it was very refreshing and leaves the skin very supple.

Soothing Mask(s): are great for irritated skin, it helps sooth the skin problem, reducing redness, acne inflammation, and great for bug bites as a spot treatment...
*The Body Shop Tea tree face mask- If you read my reviews about the body shop tea tree set for skincare, I am in love with tea tree. This is great for acne, cystic acne, and red acne prone skin, but avoid getting the product in the eyes because it burns like a B*%&#. Yeah, it happened to me by accident and my eyes were bloodshot after washing the product out. TT
*The Body Shop Honey & Oats 3-in-1 scrub mask- very soothing, natural exfoliate, reduces inflammation, reduce redness, and great for body scrub too. Smells delicious!!! 
*Lush Ocean Salt- is a great exfoliate to slough off dead skin, great body scrub also, clean pore impurities, very soothing, smells so good!! I love lush products!! using this more than one a week irritates my skin so this is more like for every two weeks. 

Please note that everyone has a different skin type ! What works for me might not work for you!
Thanks glams for stopping by! until next time! xoxoxo chuieeglam 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me