Perfect Image: Lactic Acid 50% Gel Peel- Enhanced w/ Kojic Acid & Bearberry Extract Review


This is a very thorough thorough review about chemical peel so get prepared with your reading glasses...


Chemical peels were on my mind for a couple of months until I actually purchase the Perfect image to give it a try. 


The reason is because I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation from acne, acne scars, cystic acne, you name it all. 


When I happen to pick my face to remove either a blackhead or pimple, hyper-pigmentation starts to form were the skin was touched also known as  Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.


I wanted to see if this would help my skin improve since I read so many reviews about the improvement of the consumer's skin on hyper-pigmentation. 


I wanted to give it a try to see if I would be lucky enough, that this product would actually work for my skin problems.


I followed completely from the instruction that was provided in the box. 


Here are my Steps I followed for the chemical peel:

1. Washed face with Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Foaming Facial Wash
2. Toned it with the Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner
3. Let face dry 
4. Start timer on phone
5. Applied the Lactic Acid on my face forehead than working down my face with my fingers in circular motion
6. Slight tingling but manageable for 45 seconds
7. Rinse with cool water, 5 times
8. Slightly pat my face semi-dry
9. I used a hydrating mask for 15 minutes to restore the moisture that was stripped away from the chemical peel
10. I than slightly massage the rest of the serum from the mask on my face, carefully to not rub your face dry
11. Add a super thick moisturizer, I used the Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising & Brightening Cream Normal to Dry Skin

I used paraben-free and sulfate-free products to cleanse and tone to provide maximum results.


The directions say to leave it on for 30 seconds but I really didn't feel the tingling sensation until the 45 second mark, than it started to slightly feel like it is burning so I washed it off immediately. I need to go to work the after the weekend so my face has to look presentable..just saying..

I did not want to burn the sheezzz out of my face, since I am a newbie to chemical peels. I also had to be careful since I do not know how my skin will react to the chemical peel.


1st Peel

Magic that happened to my skin:
- Left it on for 45 seconds
- Blemishes did fade alittle, not completely 
- Cystic Acne size decreases dramatically
(Being so serious, from a pimple lump big as a mini m&m to flat)
- Did not peel as much at all since I moisturize the shit out of my face (I have to work people..LOL)
-Did not see lighting in hyper-pigmentation

Overall, it did help with my skin slightly with blemishes by lighting the darkness, not completely tho but I can't wait until I am done with my entire session. If it help improve this much with blemishes and cystic acne; imagine for a 6 weeks session, my face will be PIMPLE-less!!!! 


Also it improved with my cystic acne, I had a lot along my jawline and it help improve and flatten out the cystic acne. Session meaning doing chemical peel one time every week for about 6 weeks or 8 weeks. The one thing I did not see improvement is hyper-pigmentation so I am hoping this would work after a couple of session..



CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honest review and tips! I hope you posted a photo of how the product improved your skin. Of course, flawless skin would take time, but I guess that’s fine as long as you’ll get the result you desire.

    Dr. Daniel Knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any difference after using this regulalrly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any difference after using this continuosuly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! My complexion has became brighter and I have barely any acne. I do occasionally get them when I'm stressed but other than that it has been flawless. I don't have break out often! I have a much clearer and brighter complexion using this peel. I will also be reviewing the perfect image glycolic acid 30% soon, so stay tune! I hope that helped!

      Delete
  4. Hi. After you put the gel how many days did you notice the "peeling" ? Is it a noticeable peeling? I appreciate if you reply cos im currently using this now first time. :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6886BUTTERFLYAUGUST 9, 2017 AT 7:44 PM
    Hi. After you put the gel how many days did you notice the "peeling" ? Is it a noticeable peeling? I appreciate if you reply cos im currently using this now first time. :) thanks

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Me