DIY: Microblading Eyebrows

Hey guys! I'm super excited to show my latest experiment with microblading my eyebrows. I have gotten it done twice before in South Korea. Check it out on my retired traveling blog here. 

I just want to put a disclaimer out there. I am not a professional. I am just experimenting it on myself with my own risk. I was aware of the consequences. I am just showing the experiences I've achieved which were amazing results. If trying this experiment please be careful and do not rush, be patience. Do it on your own risk!

What is Microblading?
It is a semi-permanent tattoo on the eyebrows. The artist mimic the hair-like strokes on top of the natural eyebrows with a needle. The results of microblading is natural, and making the eyebrows look more full. 

The rule of thumb for microblading:
Oily Skin - Last 6 months up to a year
Normal/Dry Skin - Last up to 2-3 years

These are my results from day 1 to day 6. I didn't filter my photos, it just came out that way on my iphone under my lamp before bed. There is also a touch up a month later. This is the first tattoo process. I will do the touch up next month and do a post. 
I think this would be an awesome project among friends/girlfriends or whom like to get microblading done for a cheaper alternative. If this is a group thing, do it with friends, supply cost can be split. The supply cost cheaper than getting professional microbladed eyebrows done almost 3Xs as much, but there is enough to cover 10+ people. 
Do not use the color black on black hair, it is way too dark. I have researched and read up about microblading before I started this experiment. Please check out this website about the color choices, this is a great guide. Chocolate Brown is a great color for black hair which I used for my eyebrows. Mixing is an option but there is a tool for mixing micro pigments. 

Let's go over the supplies that is needed for microblading. I have to say the most expensive products needed were the numbing cream, ink, and blades. They are about $20-$25 USD. Below I have hyperlinked the supplies. 


1. Numb Master Cream $19.99
3. Chuse Blades 50 pieces  (Personal Perference: I used the 16 needle curved blade) The higher amount the needles the more expensive. $29.99
4. Ruler (I had a small one at home already, dollar store has them)
5. Curved Ruler $1.00
7. Tattoo Pen $9.99
10. Alcohol Prep Pads (Had this at home)
12. Aquaphor/Vaseline $4-6 
13. Saran Wrap
14. Q-tips (At home already)
The total comes to be about $90 dollars for all the supplies.

Let's Begin the Process:

Use the practice pads to practice and watch techniques on youtube

1. Have all the supplies laid out on the table. 
2. Make sure hands are washed with soap before starting.
3. Measure the eyebrows and draw an outline with the rulers. This took the longest time for me because I wanted to make sure it looked good. Take plenty of time here.
4. Take a q-tip and put a pea to nickle size amount of numbing cream on each eyebrow. Make sure to cover the entire eyebrow
5. Take a piece of plastic saran wrap and cover each eyebrow. Only need two small square pieces and wait 15-30 minutes.
6. Eyebrows should be numb, only peel off one saran wrap off the eyebrow that is being worked on and wipe clean with a paper towel.
7. Use a alcohol pad and wipe the eyebrow down, try not to wipe the outline off. 
8. Take the tattoo pen and carefully put the blade on the pen without touching the blade. 
9. Put on the ink ring holder and squeeze 3-4 drops of the the ink.
10. Each time there is a stroke, always dip it in for ink. The noise of scratching against the skin, can be heard. 
11. Do 3-4 strokes before wiping off with a paper towel.
12. Make the hair strokes around the eyebrow first, and then start filling inside. 
13. Double check the eyebrows and place strokes that needs to be placed. 
14. After doing all the strokes, take the micro applicator and dip it in the ink and apply all over the eyebrow. (scroll down and look for the picture of me doing a peace sign, that is how it's suppose to look). Then, prick the needle all over the eyebrow, this will fill the eyebrows more.   
15. Repeat the steps again for the other eyebrow.
16. Once both eyebrows are filled with strokes, take a micro applicator and apply ink all over eyebrows then, wait 30-45 minutes (Stinging is normal)
17. Wipe off with a baby wipe.
18. Check if any spots need to be marked.
19. Take a q-tip and put a pea size amount of aquaphor on each eyebrow. 
20. Mark in the calendar the next month for a touch up. Repeat the process again.

I did get some bleeding, if that happens wipe off eyebrow and take a clean paper towel and hold down until it stops. Continue with the work. I also bled when I got it done. It is normal.

Aftercare:

Apply a rice size amount of aquaphor day and night for 2 weeks. 

Make sure not to wet the eyebrows. (Put a thick layer of aquaphor on before showering to prevent it from getting wet) 

Make sure not to scratch or wet eyebrows as much for two weeks.

The peeling starts on the end of the 1st week. Do not pick it. HANDS OFF! 

Let it fall off naturally. Picking it may cause scarring. It may look dark but it will fade as the week goes on and it will look naturally full.

Show me the results on instagram and tag me @chuieeglam. Don't forget to sign up email for the daily dosage of chuieeglam. 

Should I do a video on this? Please comment and let me know. If I get over 100 comments I will make a DIY microblading video.







CONVERSATION

19 comments:

  1. thank you! really good instructions :-) yes you should do a video x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flawless Beauty Scottsdale microblading method is truly ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look and shape of their eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this informative article about microblading eyebrows..You really touched every part of challenges faced in Beauty business..This is a great initiative..Keep up the good work..
    Now i will run a blog on Microblading Los Angeles successfully .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. The art of 3D eyebrow microblading is a semi permanent makeup procedure that mimics natural hair-strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Blog, Keep it up sharing such type of information. For further information about this topic visit here >> Best Hair Restoration India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Blog, Keep it up sharing such type of information. For further information about this eyebrow hair transplant

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. nanoblading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice ! everyones wants perfect look and perfect brows and thanks for sharing an informative content about An microblading
    Really all people need to know about Microblading-Pigmente

    ReplyDelete
  9. The premier supplier of Microblading and Semi Permanent Make-Up products for salons, studios and academies.
    Microblading Pigments - Microblading Emporium

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post ..

    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information

    Microblading-Pigmente

    ReplyDelete
  11. For a long time me & my friend were searching for informative blogs, but now I am on the right place guys, you have made a room in my heart! EyeBrow Microblading in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This content is helpfull for me. thanks for sharing about Microblading.
    Microblading-Nadeln

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great... i like it.thanks for sharing about Microblading.
    Microblading-Nadeln

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really Good tips and advises you have just shared. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a piece of nice information. Looking forward for more views and ideas, Keep up the good work! Microblading miami

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a very interesting, useful and very knowledgeable post. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Latestnews!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always was interested in this subject and still am, appreciate it for posting . visit the site

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this blog please visit my site also Microblading in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laser treatment is the mostly beneficial from all other methods that people using. Here aesthetic laser training can help you to grow your knowledge about how does actually it works!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Me