The Body Shop: Mini Skincare Kits


I'm back with another review!!! The Body Shop had an amazing sale so I decided to try the travel size skincare kits before committing to the larger skincare bottles. The sale was like buy 3 get 3...something along those lines.

First let me give you my skin bio:

-Oily skin esp. the T-zone area --- summer
-Very dry on the side of my jawline and nose ---winter
-Acne

The kits retail price is $25.
Seaweed Kit:

  • 2.0 fl oz Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
  • 2.0 fl oz Seaweed Clarifying Toner
  • .51 oz Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
  • .51 fl oz Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment
  • Re-usable blue mesh bag with zip closure
This was probably one of my favorite skincare kit compared to the other two. The cleansing facial wash is a clear gel and very light. It is very similar to the Cetaphil texture. I don't know if I spelled Cetaphil correct, but don't judge me.. lol The toner is a very light clear toner, it does not strip away the oils but it makes the skin feeling nice and clean. The day cream is a light dense lotion consistency and the night treatment is a clear gel, really light and it absorbs right into your skin. It left my skin very supple and moisturized. It didn't feel like I had put anything on my skin. 

Price: $$
Rating: ****
Vitamin E Kit:

  • 2.0 fl oz Vitamin E Cream Cleanser Facial Wash
  • 2.0 fl oz Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
  • .51 oz Vitamin E Moisture Day Cream
  • .51 fl oz Vitamin E Night Cream
  • Re-usable blue mesh bag with zip closure
This really was not my favorite kit but I really liked the Moisture day cream and the night cream during the winter since it saved my skin from this long winter...my skin was very dry and flaky this winter... no joke! The facial cream cleanser was such a hydrated form of cream that it made my skin more oilyy... so I have that placed somewhere way in the back of my closet. It's almost like putting on creamy thick lotion on your face and then rinsing it off....terrible...yuck..me describing it to you is making my skin cringe! As for the toner...not a fannn either... The toner is like a bottle of glycerin...It is a milky white toner and it is a thick density toner, it is definitely an unusual type of toner I have used. Most of the toner I use is like a water consistency. Cream cleanser facial and hydrating toner is a nonono for repurchasing but the lotion for the day and night creams were not that bad..   


Price: $$
Rating: ***


Aloe Kit:

  • 2.0 fl oz Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
  • 2.0 fl oz Aloe Calming Toner
  • .51 oz Aloe Soothing Day Cream
  • .51 oz Aloe Soothing Night Cream
  • Re-usable green mesh bag with zip closure
The aloe is very soothing for very irritated skin. I had sunburn from staying in the sun for to long in Florida and I had sunburn on my entire face. I used the aloe kit and it helped relieve my skin by soothing it. It is very similar to the seaweed kit. Overall it is a very nice set to have during the summer it is very light in moisturizing and soothing burnt skin. 

Price: $$
Rating: ***

This is my opinion and my skin reactions to these skincare products...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me