Essential Oil: Jojoba Oil Benefits

Hello Loves! I know I have been m.i.a. lately but I have a good reason why. I recently moved to South Korea to teach English for a year. It is a big transition and I am still trying to settle down. But you can check out my other blog about my adventure in South Korean. Anyway, let's focus back on the topic... ^^

Jojoba oil is a really nice moisturizing oil that absorbs in your skin like a serum. It can also be used for your hair, nails, skin problems, face cleanser and the list goes on..... I specifically use this oil during the fall and winter seasons since my skin is really dry during those seasons, however my skin is the totally opposite during the summer time. My face is like a grease ball seriously!! I use jojoba oil for many different things. I used jojoba oil in many different ways such as a face cleanser, makeup remover, hair treatment (roots), dry skin, and body oil. Jojoba oil is very versatile and is great to have a bottle at home. I bought my bottle from Coastal Scent when they use to sell a white huge bottle of jojoba oil but now they discontinued the large bottles. They put them in these small vials now. I take some of my jojoba oil from the larger bottle and pour it in an dark amber glass. Preventing cross contamination..I store my jojoba oil in a dark amber glass bottle shown in the picture that also has a dropper in it.  

1. DIY: Jojoba Oil Face Cleanser/Make up Remover

If you suddenly ran out of makeup remover and happen to have some jojoba oil laying around your house..you are in luck... I use jojoba oil to remove my eyeliner and mascara. Simply damp a cotton pad with the oil and place it on one of the your eyes and leave it there for 30-40 seconds and wipe away. It breaks up the makeup and makes it easier to wipe away. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes which is great. And do the same process for the next eye. 

As for the face cleanser, place 5-8 drops of jojoba in your hand and lightly do circular motions on the face, this will also help remove your foundation or bb cream off your face and rinse and repeat since the first cleansing was removing the makeup. Repeat the same process and rinse after massaging the oil all over the face and rinse and pat dry. There is no need to put on lotion or creams since your skin will feel nourished from the jojoba oil.

2. DIY: Jojoba Oil Hair Treatment

After taking a shower and brushing my hair, free from knots I would place several drops of jojoba oil in my palm and rub the oil at the end of my roots. It is best when your hair is still damp. Your hair will feel so nice, soft and healthy.

3. DIY: Jojoba Oil Serum

After cleansing, your face (not using the jojoba oil cleansing method) you can put 3-4 drops on you palm and rub them together and slightly pat your face. Your skin will instantly absorb the oil. Your skin will feel nice and supple. 

Theses are some of the methods I use while using jojoba oil. Let me know what else you use jojoba oil for.. I would love to see what else there is to use jojoba oil with. :)


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me