The Body Shop: Seaweed Skin Care Starter Kit

I came across The Body Shop in NYC and I freaked the f*** out and said I had to go there. I was so excited. I knew of the brand before hand and have heard such good things. They don't do animal testing or animal cruelty. They are an Eco-friendly company. That sound Awesome!, doesn't it?

Upon arriving in the store they asked me to spin a wheel for savings, I did and I received the Buy one and Get one free. Hence that this was a week or two before Christmas (2011). I was so excited and I looked around. I wanted to buy the entire store. However, snapping back in reality... as a broke a** college student, I can't afford buying the entire store, but I have bought four items:
  1. Seaweed Skin Care Starter Kit Retail Price: $25.00
  2. Vitamin E Skin Care Starter Kit Retail Price: $25.00

  3. 2 rolls of cotton round pads Retail Price: $3.00
With the Buy one get one I paid around $30 with chump change. I ended up giving the Vitamin E Skin Care Starter Kit away for Secret Santa. It was the hard decision to pick out of the two kits I have purchased. 

The Seaweed Kit Balance your skin and control shine with these TSA-approved Seaweed favorites featuring wild-harvested seaweed from Ireland. The kit comes with:

2.0 fl oz Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
  • 2.0 fl oz Seaweed Clarifying Toner
  • .51 oz Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
  • .51 fl oz Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment
  • Re-usable blue bag with zip closure

My thoughts...

The starter kit is a great way to test out the product before buying full size items. The cleanser and toner is a very gentle, fresh, light and clean fragrance. It has a tint smell of seaweed. The cleanser is very light and gentle for the skin. After washing my face with this, my skin felt soft and looked fresh. The toner is very soothing and refreshing. The mattifying day cream soaks right into your skin leaving a refresh look. The clarifying Night treatment is probably my favorite product out of the kit, it is like a serum and it really soaks into your skin making it feel like a baby bottom.
I could not review the Vitamin E Skincare Kit because I did not get a chance to try that out yet.
The cotton round pads are really nice. I like them a lot. I was in
desperate need for cotton pads. 

Seaweed Skin Care Starter Kit
Retail Price: $25 
Price I got this for: $25 B1G1 for 2 skincare kit $12.50 a piece
Ratings: *****
Price: $$$


Cotton Pads
Retail Price: $3 
Price I got this for: $3 B1G1 for 2 rolls of 100 pads $1.50 for one
Ratings: *****
Price: $



Would I purchase this again? 
Yes, but I would pick this up when there is a sale with super saving with the great deals they have. :)

I signed up for there loyalty program. I think that is what it is called. Basically you pay $10 for a whole year for 10% every purchase you purchase on top of special deals, which are really super saving deals. I love saving money when I can, so I would not feel as bad when I purchase high end skincare and cosmetics.

Here is the link of where to buy theses wonderful skincare products: 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Wow...i find here something unique, such a great thing that you are sharing. keep sharing.
    Microblading Starter Kit zum Verkauf

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Me