Review: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Hello to my fabulous Readers, I just wanted to let you guys know you guys can follow my blog by putting in you email. (On the right of my blog) There is no spam at all. I promise, it will alert you about the new post only. Just a friendly post alert. I think it is pretty cool, I signed up for it with my other email account. LOL :)


Anyways, let me stop ranting about that and get to the review about the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I got this a really long time ago way before I even had a blog, but since I have one now, I would like to give you my thoughts about this product. You can see in this picture the bottle tube has been used because it is not as plumped up like the ones in the store. Just letting you all know every person has a unique skin type and may react differently to this product.


I purchase this at my favorite drugstore, Walgreens it was on sale that week it was buy one get one, I believe. It was about $3-4 dollars for 2 Mint Julep Masque. Stellar Deal!!! I let my other friend try the extra one since she was complaining about her skin so I gave a bottle to try, assuming she would give it back to me but I never seen again. The funny thing is I never saw her again, she was one of my residents. Lesson Learned!!!! LOL
Just a little information about my skin:
I have a very oily prone skin, enlarged pores on my nose and my inner cheeks. I don't have blackheads on my cheeks, it's more like near my nose area, more like the flat part of my face. If this makes any sense. I'm most oily during the summer time and dry in the winter time. I use this quite often in the summer time since it dries out my skin, cleaning the impurities, and dries out my pimples. Sometimes I do not use this as a masque, I use it on the pimples that I already pop, the ones that have a white top. I know it sounds disgusting but I wanted to let you know what I do. I hope I did not scare you away. =) It looks like a small volcano with a white top which is the pus. Supposedly the white pus is filled with nasty bacterial substances, not suppose to pop them but who listens. I would than dab some of the mint julep masque on the pimple to let it dry out the pimple. Since this mask does contain ingredients such as Sulfur which is the 7th listed in the ingredients it contains a decent amount which is also a remedy for pimples.


Using it as a Masque, I would clean my face with a cleanser first and than I would slap this on my face until it is covered. If you happen to have cucumbers in your fridge you can slice two pieces and place them on your eyes, which I do sometimes, if I have cucumbers. It is very soothing, like a spa in the comfort of your home with your jammies on.  BEAWARE you will look SCARY more like a Lady Hulk for awhile. LOL I would than do whatever I need to do such as cleaning my room, writing paper, etc...until it is completely dry. To clean this off your face is a bit of a pain, you are going to need a washcloth to clean this off since it adheres to you skin. Overall, it does a good job for a decent price. It certainly helps dry out pimples, blackhead, shrink enlarged pores leaving my skin feeling really soft and clean. 


The ingredients in Queene Helene Mint Julep Masque
WaterAqua , Kaolin , Bentonite , Glycerin , Zinc Oxide , Propylene
Glycol , Sulfur , Chromium Oxide GreensCI No. 77288 , 
FragranceParfum , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben
The three ingredients that I do not like in this masque is the 
Chromium Oxide Green which is the green coloring in the masque, 
Fragrance Parfum which is the smell of the mint masque, and the 
last ingredient that I do not like is the Methylparaben. I do not like 
PARABENS in my skincare items at all. I will be doing a post on 
how parabens are dangerous chemicals which can be found in 
skincare, shampoo, lotions, commercial moisturizers, shaving gels, 
cleaning gels, etc... The list can go on and on.




What it claims:
    • The Original.
    • Helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads & shrink enlarged pores.
    • Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment developed by a dermatologist that helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores.
    • Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck.
    • Within minutes it firms and hardens, drawing out impurities from your pores.
    • After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth.
    • Even for individuals who are fortunately free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines in the face and neck
    • Cleanse face and neck thoroughly.
    • Apply Mint Julep Masque generously and allow to dry for about 15 minutes.
    • Remove with warm water and a washcloth.


But overall, the product is really good. I would definitely 
recommend this product.


Retail Price: $4.29
Ratings: ****
Price: $ 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me