Makeup Haul: New Drugstore Makeup


I recently went on a mini drugstore makeup shopping spree. I had several coupons for the maybelline mascara & covergirl eyeshadows which equaled $9 dollars off my entire purchase. Girl!!! That is a big savings, don't you think. When it comes to buying makeup in drugstores, I like to save money by using my resources such as coupons, sales in different drugstores and etc. 

The products I purchased:

Two mascaras:
Maybelline the ROCKET: very black

I got the color in very black in the waterproof formula. I wanted the mascara to hold the curls since I have pin straight eyelashes. I mean really straight. The bristles are silicone made with little nubs on the applicator. Upon applying this mascara it makes my eyelashes longer; more noticeable, and makes my eyes a bit larger. It doe not clump at all and it is super waterproof. No budging or melting eyes from yawning or tearing up which is a surplus for this mascara. I really do love this mascara alot. Theses are my first two maybelline mascaras I have purchased. The first mascara I tried was the purminerals, that was okay. Did not hold up to my standards and then I tried the Almay it is the 3 in 1 in a white tube. I forgot the name, I used that for awhile until I was out I got theses new mascaras and I am in love.

Maybelline the FALSIES flared: very black

I also got the color in very black in the waterproof formula.I really like this mascara, makes my eyelashes look very long and pretty but the only thing is that it clumps slightly. I believe it may be due to the bristles. It is also very waterproof, since I tear up after yawning. It did not budge or melt of my eyes. This is a super plus. However I like the ROCKET much more than the FALSIES. 



Covergirl eyeshadow singles & quads:

Single eyeshadow color: knock out pink

It is a nice light swatch of pink, which is great for the spring/summer time. The color is build-able, it takes several passes to make the color really pop, however I like the washout color of pink. 

Quad eyeshadows: blossoms (pink) & ice princess (purple)

I hope you can see the swatches, my camera been acting a bit weird lately with the lighting. I really love the colors of the quads they are very pretty and perfect for the spring/summer time. The colors in the quad lets you blend any color in the quad and it is very easy to blend colors together. I really love the quads I got. The only con side is that it takes several passes to see the color, otherwise it is a very light washout of the color. I can do a spring/summer time eyelook? Let me know if you like to see a spring/summer eyelook with the quads. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me