First time tandem skydiver? What you need to know!

Girl say what! Yes I went skydiving with friends and family. It was amazing and the view was so pretty. I just wanted to give a thoroughly review about the event to share the amazing experience I had.


Before leaving to head out to the skydive center, make sure to eat a light breakfast, lunch or what ever your time is schedule for the event. We schedule at noon but we left at 10 a.m since it took an hour to get there and we had to be at least 30 minutes earlier for your party. Also I add an extra 30 minute, just in case of traffic, getting lost and etc. 

We stopped by to get breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. I had the light and toasty sandwich with coffee..yummm

When we arrived at the place we parked and saw signs that read "Stay put we will pick you up soon" something like that so we waited and a little trolley vehicle came by to pick us all up and they took us back to the skydiving area. Before going skydiving you have to fill out some liability forms and information through ipads. The ipads were lagging so bad and sometimes we had to start from scratch which was a pain. After the completion of the liability forms, payment was next, after that the real fun begins. We had a group of 10-12 people so each one of us was strapped up with a harness. It looked durable and very hefty so I somewhat felt secure. The majority of us got the video package since it was our first time. Since the plane only can take two at a time we all partnered up. 

I however went with my little brother and let me tell you, he was raving that he wanted to jump out first but when it was time to get in the plane he bailed out so quickly from going first. So to play it fair I said let's do rock paper shoot best out of 3. I ended up losing and of course I was going first. Before entering are instructor asked us some interview questions for the video. 




My brother and his instructor entered the plane first since they were going second. The plane was small. It barely fit all of us... Nothing else was told to us and that is what freaked me out abit. Also to mention that we were NOT ATTACHED to are instructor yet, which was a bit scary. We where flying up and I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body. There was some turbulence which was scaring the crap out of me. I was gripping on to the sides of the plane. As we were reaching the elavation level the instructor attached me to his harness and he was instructing me all the information before jumping out and after. He reassured me that I am safe and it made feel alittle better jumping out the plane. As he opened the door, it was so scary looking down from the plane. I was instructed to place both my feet on the platform outside of the plane I only put one out on the platform and I froze from shock. In my head, "What was I thinking, Crazy?" However I did manage to get my other feet on the platform and before I knew it we were free falling. Lets rewind a bit, I told my instructor to count to three before we jumped out of the plane that did not happen what so ever. So ladies and gentlemen don't even ask because they will not do it. It was scary and the googles that they provide did not help. You free fall for about a 100 ft before the shoot is pulled. When he pulled for the shoot it is like get a giant wedgie. The scene was amazing tho. It was super pretty. So the instructor unstrap somethings from me and I was freaking the sheeezz out because I was like, "What are you doing?" Then he replies, "I am making it a little more comfortable for you." And I was like, " I am comfy already no need." LOL First of all if someone was unstrapping you 700 ft up the air and not telling what the hell he is doing, it would probably freaks you out a bit. But he did make it a little more comfortable. So for the landing part, the instructor tells you specific what to do. I had to put both of my legs to almost a 90 degree up in the air. It was like a big slide on the grass and a super super bad wedgie is coming your butt too, no joke unless you don't wear underwear, then you nasty. 



After I stood up and my friends and cousins came down to ask how it was. I was a hot mess after the skydiving experience but it was definitely worth the while. I would have to say free falling is the best experience of the skydiving part. Ever skydive before? Share you experience with us?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me